1. In this Privacy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|Application Facility||the facility provided on the Kiwi Advisers Website which permits you to make an application for an insurance policy offered by Asteron Life|
|Asteron Life||Asteron Life Ltd (company number 18153)|
|Kiwi Advisers||the company Kiwi Advisers Ltd (company number 4874399)|
|Personal Information||information about an identifiable individual|
|Terms and Conditions of Use||these terms and conditions of use of the Website as varied from time to time, made available of the Website homepage|
|Website||the website controlled by Kiwi Advisers having the domain name www.accalternative.nz|
The information we collect
We collect various information about customers and users of the Website which includes Personal Information:
obtained through use of the Website;
- obtained through completion of an insurance application using the Application Facility;
- provided to by you to us in other ways, such as letters, emails and discussions;
- collected by us through click tracking in relation to your use of the Website, including any content you upload and any content you access;
- aggregated data, which tracks traffic to the Website, and “cookies”, which are small files transferred to your computer for record keeping (such as your preferences on our Website).
The way we use information
We use information we collect from you for the main purpose for which it is collected. This is to convey information about insurance products and in the context of you filing out an application form using the Application Facility. This collection is necessary for the application form to be submitted to the insurer. We retain this information as a record of the submitted application for administrative and evidential reasons and to be in a position to assist with a claim if that becomes necessary.
Access and removal of Information
Generally, you have the right to seek access to the Personal Information held about you and to advise us of anything that is incorrect, although there are some exceptions to this right set out in the Privacy Act 1993, which we may raise if appropriate. If you make an access request, we will ask you to (i) verify your identity, and (ii) specify what information to which you are seeking access.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have instituted appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information collected online.